Thread: new member and buick owner x2...questions questions....65 special vert

new member and buick owner x2...questions questions....65 special vert

well im a forum member many places...but this is my first buick site.....this weekend im picking up a 1965 buick special vert....ive been into imports and speed for a while and its time to grow up and enjoy more family time...and less dangerous stuff.....
    i want to know what the differances between a special an a skylark are...cant find real answers in my searches.....so any help would be great.....she is a v6 right now..planning to swap that out
    so gimmie the dirt on these specials.....im also planning on a disc/power brake upgrade ....
    heres a pic.....opinions welcomed.....this is my first dive into 60s muscle.....even though its lacking the muscle right now...that will change soon....i wanted a vert to enjoy the south fl sun and have the family with me.....wife and 4y/o son 3 y/o daughter
    Jeff
    p.s.....the other buick is a 2010 Enclave....AWESOME family car....and i breaking the age mold.....im only 36 with 2 buicks....whats wrong with me..lol

The difference is the trim level. NICE CAR! That should make you happy

Click on the "Reference" tab at the top of the page and explore that area.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

i want to know what the differances between a special an a skylark are...cant find real answers in my searches

what differences do you mean?

practically speaking, they're not really different models. they're more like alternate trim levels ( Special being base and Skylark being luxo ) even though they have distinct VIN and trim tag coding. they're both in the GM A-body intermediate family and they're both available in thin pillar post, vert and 4 door post body style. they share virtually all of their suspension and drivetrain componentry.

the 'biggest' thing might be that only the Skylark could be had as a 2dr hardtop and could also be ordered with a true "Gran Sport" trim level. GS should not have been available on a Special Vin coded car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_S...4.E2.80.931972

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stati.../dirindex.html

she is a v6 right now..planning to swap that out so gimmie the dirt on these specials........even though its lacking the muscle right now...that will change soon.

the 'simplest' engine upgrade would be to swap in a mid-80s 231ci turbo v6. the 231 is just an overbore version of the 225 but it WAS upgraded with a "split throw" crank so the newer engines run much smoother than the early 60's 'odd fire' engines do.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

thank you for the info and compliments.....
    i wanted to make sure that any suspension, brake,steering, engine tranny items i ordered would work...because it seems everyone sells skylark parts but very few special parts.....where do you order your parts from?...
    and by trim im assuming were talking outside chrome appointments and interior seats ect.....i need to et rear seat belts first....need to buckle in the car seats....
    thanks again
    Jeff