From the Reference Section:
- Common engine dimensions
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need help m

the frame pads were already on the buick.The mounts I bought were for a 72 olds cutlass 455 they did fit on the engine.They also fit over the frame pads.The B mounts didtnt have frame pads,it only had engine mounts .I will go tomorrow to the parts store to see the ones for the 70 A body frame pads see if they are different

Yes since they were on the buick already/ops

I finally place the engine in the car.Now I am looking for exhaust manifolds to fit the car.the ones from the delmont dont fit.I was reading that maybe I can used the passenger side by capping off one outlet,can that be done.Also I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with my project.The transmission is in just need to send the drive shaft to get it cut and welded.I cant wait to start the vehicle and drive it .it still needs some interior work but I will drive it the way it is.SKYLARKS are bad _ _ s.

I would recommend that you keep on looking for the correct A-body manifolds. These will probably end up costing less than having custom pipes made to fit the Delmont manifolds.

Lacking that, would the Delmont manifolds work any better if you swapped sides? I was thinking that you might be able to use the bottom flange (where the crossover formerly connected) for the outlet and block off the original outlet on the end.

Ray

need help

Hi guys .I finally got some olds A body engine frame pads with matching motor mounts,headers.I didnt have time to work on my car since the last time I logged in.I want to say THANKYOU again for all the info.I will try to post some pics when I install the parts I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by kampoy72 View Post
    Hi guys .I finally got some olds A body engine frame pads with matching motor mounts,headers.
    That's great news. It sounds like you have a lot of the hard stuff taken care of now. This should leave you only the wiring and linkages to deal with. Were you able to find out any more about the speedo drive (in the transmission)?

Ray
    Last edited by raycow; 05-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.