Thread: 61 lesabre

61 lesabre

Hey guys, i just recently got a 61 lesabre and i've had a hard time finding parts for it. Any good places i should know? Also, does anyone know if an olds or pontiac trany bolts up to a 364? I think i have a dynaflow twin turbine??? 2 speed??? It slips on drive but works great on 1ST? WORTH REBUILDING OR NOT? Any advice and ideas r more than appreciated, its a really kool car and i'd like to keep it, thanks

HEY whats up.i had fun tring to find part.i found a lot on ebay.i got the same trans and got a kit on ebay they where grate to work the kit was 139,99..now for parts www. cars inc .com they are in NJ . but found the price a little high but they have a lot.

I have a '61 LeSabre 4dr. sedan I'm parting out. What do you need???

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

61 buick

Hey, if u're parting it out i might need some things, i have a two door though. If u have pics maybe i can see if i can use anything, i need a grill, hood, trunk, and some misc things, oh and a tranny.??? I'm in florida, u?

61 buick

Oh if u have pics, can u email me some, jenelionunez@yahoo.com thanks

I live in Ct. as the bottom of my reply states. The grille is all there & not broken but probably not any better than yours. The trans. is good but I'm saving it for my '61. The rest you mentioned is N/G. Sorry, no pics. I don't have a camera.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

Thumbs up 61 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by jr2012 View Post
    HEY whats up.i had fun tring to find part.i found a lot on ebay.i got the same trans and got a kit on ebay they where grate to work the kit was 139,99..now for parts www. cars inc .com they are in NJ . but found the price a little high but they have a lot.
    hey thanks for the info, i'm going to try that kit b4 i get to crazy with it.

Dynaflow

Dynaflow is definitely worth rebuilding. But, be sure the shop knows Dynaflow. Ask if they have rebuilt Dynaflows. If not, ask them for a recommendation
    "Bulldog"James Miller