Thread: no heat...possible climate control

no heat...possible climate control

1977 Riviera No Heat...heater core not clogged(can blow through hoses)....Radiator full...runs about 205 degrees.... Blows cold air on defrosters only....blower shuts off when floor or dash vents turned on...I am thinking climate control and that the louver is stuck with cold air from A/C open. Anyone have any other ideas? I would like to fix. If not if I can put louver on heat that would be ok for now.

Whether or not your Rivi has these controls, I don't know. Around that time GM went to vacuum controls for the HVAC in most of their cars; and those are notorious for leaking. However, if it is leaking, you can hear it hissing. The other huge issue with them, the vacuum line that controls seems to have a special affinity for getting holes. Also, the vacuum hose that controls the door can get easily kicked off (it's on the end of the HVAC unit on the inside of the car near the gas pedal - attached to a cannister) - do check that before you spend too much time.

In any case, it seems you're going to have to pull the controls - which is a PITA. OTH I think HELP still makes those bits so finding a replacement should be cheap and relatively easy.

Good luck