Thread: Ron Butz, Bigbutzracing.com, Kicksome Butz

Ron Butz, Bigbutzracing.com, Kicksome Butz

Hey everybody! I have been here a while but I dont know if I have ever done the newby thing. I have been into Buicks since my first car was a hand me down from my mom a 1970 Buick Electra 225 convertible which I ended up racing whith a quickest time of 12.21 at 110 MPH in the 1/4 mile at Muncie dragway in Indy. It was great but to big. Since then I raced a 66 Buick special, 10.75 fastest time and now a 70 GS455 10.77 fastest time to this date. All of these cars had a stock block 455 .030 bore and when I blew up the first engine I had stage one valves put in the 70 heads. Never blew one since thanks to Fred Catlin of Columbus Indiana who told me to keep .002 clearence in the rod and crank bearings and you will never have a problem and he was right. I leave the line at 100lbs of oil pressure and idle at 30 lbs with a Kenne-bell booster plate in the oil pump. All I want is Buick cars have Buick engins. They are cheap to build and the last.

heh, good to hear the enthusiasm, Ron.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)