Thread: 1962 Buick Special

1962 Buick Special

Well,

Hope everyone is doing well......Working on my first Buick, purchased a 1962 Buick Special Convertible....Black, Red Interior, White Top.....V6, pretty straight car, very original. Also have a 1962 buick skylark convertible that is a paper weight right now, it is a 215 V8. Want to restore the very functional Special, use it as a regular daily driver here in SoCal. hoping as I get the guts to start taking this apart this community can chime in and help get this car to the next level. First question is about the only part I need......where do I find an original FIREBALL V6 Aircleaner?????? Also, my local NAPA and Pep Boys don't carry alot of parts for this car such as wheel cylinders......where does the community go to find their vintage parts that are no longer main stream???? Cheers AB in SoCAL

Parts,,,,,

ebay,,, hemmings motor news.... rod books.... ect.....

Might be a tough search

Good ideas for the search. Have been on ebay for months and nothing is popping up...I did check hemmins as well, no luck....should anyone have a line on an aircleaner for the old fireball V6 please drop me a note!!

AB

I have an original air cleaner for the v6. It doesnt have the fireball logo but that decal is repopped and easy to find. shoot me an email at kro13863@hotmail.com if you are interested.

As far as parts go you will need to look but they are out there. Rockauto, oldbuickparts.com, etc. As far as body and interior trim pieces you will need to find good original parts as nothing is repopped for these cars yet. I am doing a custom with mine. The little v6 is a good motor, that tranny is aweful though,

Try Craigslist

I look for parts for my Special on Craigslist or Ebay. Not much really turns up . How about a Dual Turbine Transmission for 100 bucks ? or some way over priced front fenders? 280. bucks. I have been looking for a generator mount for almost a year now. I had to make one to keep the old gal on the road. Ha . Good Luck and enjoy the thrill of the chase !

Buick parts.....

I know where there is a 63 special in a bone yard,,, complete,,, any parts the same???? I know the bodys aint....