Thread: Introducing my self

Introducing my self

Hi,

nice to be here. My name is andre im working on a buick 55 century project. i bought the car 6 moths ago. Nice substance, rebuild engine and dynaflow.
    I thought everythng is fine .. but no way ... i had to disasemble the torque converter just to be sure everything is right .... no engine movement even you took a huge skewdriver at the flywheel. No prob .. silly handmade mistake ... mechanic forgot tightening one screw behind the torque converter. (dynaflow was rebuild for 1500€ ~ 2100$ before)

Second dismiss ... im still workin on, is the engine ... i had to replace the valve lifters and push rods ... because 56`s vl were installed. Remember a professional engine manufacture rebuild this engine "Volvo Penta" for just 5200€ ~7500$ .
    Ok this was 6 years ago and nobody checked the engine afterwards. No problem at all now the right vl and pr are installed and still compression problems.

Now i´m at the point that the engine runs but not the right way. I dont exactly know how i can fix it .. adjustable push rods or washers under the rocker arms, but that is what i hope to get here. I also wanna to share my experience with 322 differences from 55 to 56 nailheads.

greets andre

engines......

Andre,,,, Pal,,, I feel sorry for you,,,,, in the years 55-56-57 Buick made several changes to the nailhead engines.... and you have to match the parts up to the cubic inch sizes.... especially the cam, pushrods, valve springs, retainers, ect.... 322 cu. in. engines have to have theirs, the 364 has to have its own... and the 401/425 engine has to have its own valve train....all those differences are caused by different deck heights of the engines... as the engines get bigger the pushrods have to be longer....
    The valve gear stuff looks very similar but with each engine is slightly different....

You need to get into contact with Tom Telesco over on the v8buick.com board... he is in the business of building Buicks.... he has forgot more about the nailhead buick engines than most guys know.....
    You say the engine is not running right,,, what is it doing , or not doing....
    Lets start with the basics,,, run a good compression test on it... and tell us what the numbers are in the same order as the cilynders are laid out.... and the basic ignition timeing.... set with the vacume advance disconnected....

thank you ... i´m in contact with tom at my other thread

greets andre

Just started a little blog yesterday ... http://www.zink-it.de/~buick/
    Domain will change in future ... still workin on