Thread: 67 skylark front coil springs

67 skylark front coil springs

I plan on putting a "BUICK 350-4 BBL" in my 67 2 door skylark. I would like to hear from the "buick community'' what you men/women think of using stock ride height vs. the
    3-4 inch lift or lowering front coil springs. I WILL be putting exhaust headers on. My main concern is clearance issuses with stance,stock rallye wheels etc...To whomever has already done this- I would like to know what company (moog,eibach etc..) and what part number and where did you get them (summitt,jegs etc..) Ideally -I would like to have the stock ride height with the "350" in the car, but I am told I might need "stiffer/taller" springs because of the extra weight .Others tell me -I need to lower it for cornering/ gravity issuses. What is the right answer . Thanks for all your help in advance, JIM

Another issue when lowering a car is what wheels you would like to see on the front and clearance issues when turning.

If you want a stock ride height, then that is what I would go after. You won't detect any cornering issues. If you want the car to corner better, you should do that with heavier sway bars and rear sway bar.

I got a brand new set off ebay for a BB chevelle that the guy never installed.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!