Thread: New Carpet...NOT HAPPY

New Carpet...NOT HAPPY

Hi guys
    Just finished putting carpet in my 1950 Buick yesterday. I ordered it from Kanter, spoke to a guy on the phone, gave him ALL the information on the car. Got the carpeting and am not happy.

First of all, the seam on the back is gray and the seam on the front is black. Secondly, the carpet is WAY too small for the car. I let it sit out in the sun as suggested for about two hours and it's about two inches too short on each side. I've attached some pictures.

The thing that bugs me is their catalog says all carpet sets are 'custom made to fit your vehicle' well my car has an under the seat heater where obviously there should be no carpet but there was and I had to cut it. I had the old stuff out, the seats out, and the use of a garage for one day so I had no choice but to put the carpeting in.

I emailed Kanter yesterday, haven't heard a thing and doubt I will. Just a heads up if anyone else is ordering...be careful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got off the phone with James at Kanter. Sent him the pics and he says they'll make it right. I'll keep you posted.

I ordered one from Kanter about 2 years ago for a '52 and wasn't exactly happy with the sewing but it definitely fit all the way around. Would've been happier if the front trans hump had a bordered half-moon cutout instead like the original...came with kind of a ragged sewn semi-circle. But again it fit and fit well. Didn't have to cut anywhere but the very extreme front, and it fit perfectly around the raised area under the front seat. Sounds like a goof up on their part.

Carpet fit

Kanter has always treated me right.

Kanter is going to replace the carpet and make it right. Very good company to deal with.

This thread alone is the reason I will go to kanter when I need carpet, I appreciate a company that stands behind their product.

Quote Originally Posted by detroyt View Post
    This thread alone is the reason I will go to kanter when I need carpet, I appreciate a company that stands behind their product.
    I agree. My initial post was a bit of a rant because I was angry and in retrospect I should have called them first and given them a chance to respond. All in all in the end I am happy with the company and I'm glad I can pass on a positive experience and recommend this company to others.