Thread: 1966 Buick Wildcat GS Convertible Gone!

1966 Buick Wildcat GS Convertible Gone!

After finishing the Buick I took it up to show Lou, the original owner and he wanted to buy it back so I sold it to him for just what I had invested in it with nothing for my time. I'm not rich but if I had charged him more I would have just had to pay it all to Uncle Sam.

Another summer without a convertible. I have started work on the car I bought for parts for the GS so that will keedp me busy for a while. Here is a picture of the car and as always for those who have an interest I will post a complete picture history on my flicker site;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/buickfan/

Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Nice job

Looks good, but is that the color? Any door handles?
    Ted Nagel
    (6)65 Wildcats; 65 Riviera; 65 Special Wagon; 65 GS; 65 Skylark; 67 Wildcat; 67 California GS; (2)68 GS400; 69 GS 350; 70 GS Stage 1; Wanted: time to fix 'em

You shouldn't have shown him, that was the most beautiful car anyone could have wanted!!!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

That was a keeper if I ever saw one!
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Thanks for all the compliments. The color of the 1965 Wildcat is called Frost Green and was a 1965 Chevrolet Nova color according to the person I purchased the car from. The door handles were "shaved" and they did a real nice job so I will just add electric door openers with a remote control. I would put the door handles back on but the door was cut out inthe handle area and a metal plate welded in so it would take new doors to return to stock. The same with the color, I would like a stock Buick finish but what's done is done.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS