Thread: Powerglide valve body check ball locations.

Powerglide valve body check ball locations.

Hello, I am helping a friend rebuild his powerglide from his 1973 Lesabre, he took the valve body off while the trransmission was on the bench, and all the check ***** fell out and now we don't know where they go, can anyone please help us dummies?

The transmission you are working on is probably not a powerglide. It is probably a turbo 350-375B. You can probably use this information to find the locations:

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l.../files/7-c.pdf

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

yep

Your right its a TH350, I found 5 ***** when I took it apart and the diagram from the book you sent only has 4 locations marked in it, so I put it back together using that info and now it shifts into reverse but it will just barely roll you cannot accelerate in reverse...any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know you probably think I'm an idiot.

No, I dont' think you're and idiot, but that doesn't mean I can help you either, two idiots

Maybe someone who knows autos can help. The reverse is the first clutch pack to have a problem with low oil for whatever that means...

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks

Well The fluid level is good, I got it to work properly twice by playing with the shifter, so I thought I would adjust the shift linkage, but I can't get it to do anything again, unless I adjusted the linkage wrong...maybe its a valve sticking in the valve body or something?