Thread: 61 or 62 station wagon. rare?

61 or 62 station wagon. rare?

hey all. love this site. i think i have located a 61 or 62 buick wagon in a neighbors back yard. i think i read once how rare these things are. and if they are then im gonna approach him to sell the buick to me for my first restore. any help would be great here. pick this up or wait for another???

What model is it? What kind of shape is it in? If it's been sitting outside for 20 or 30 years it may be too far gone to restore. Can you take some pics of it and post them here?

thats wat ill do when i figure how to approach them. i have a few dollars ill bring just in case. lol. but ill get pics when im there. as for model im not sure yet. cant quite see it very well from road. vines will be regrowing on it soon.

Sean Smith
    BCA# 42746
    MBCC# 2122
    SAH# 4186
    Buickman Award 2015

1957 Special 4-door Riviera (hardtop) model 43

thats the page i was kinda looking for too! thanks alot. and im gonna put some money on a buick special since i think the front pillar is straight. which kinda defeats the whole purpose of my wanting the 61 or 62 production gm car. i likey the bubble tops.. lol

ok. its a 63 special

i finally talked to them and am buying this 63 special 3rd row seat for a hundred bucks! will be home with it tomorrow then i will take inventory of its needs and pictures of course. so far i know it has factory air. they seem to think its the small nailhead v8. no rust in quarter panels from first glance. not much on roof either. couple small holes in very front of hood under buick. woohoo!

Wow!!! Good score, can't loose at that price. It probably won't be a "nailhead" as they weren't put in the small cars until '65 and then only as part of the Gran Sport option. Look forward to seeing some pics.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

You can't go wrong with a wagon! Post some photos when you get them.

1956 Buick Century Estate Wagon

it looks like a nailhead!

got it home today. it cost me $20 bucks from an old buddy who lives in between the one mile from where the car sat from here. yes u cannot beat the price. only one front wheel was locked up. hell two help air! lol. im needing a front bumper, windshield and one very rear side glass so far. said it parked itself 13 years ago with some noise from tranny. ive got pics and gonna figure how to post now

i cannot load these pics. says error num 2. any help?2011-07-18 20.21.25.jpg