Thread: looking for the chrome

looking for the chrome

im looking for places or people who may have what im looking for,

1. 1952 buick special rear fender fins.

2. 1952 buick special rear bumper, front bumper.

3. 1952 buick super (not sure if this is the only model this came on) the chrome that runs from the windshield to the rear deck lid above the door.

4. 1952 buick special- or other models if they will fit, top section of the bumper that says buick eight.

5. not sure what years they came on, but im looking for fender ports that are the open flow through desgin.

any help on finding places that either sell it, or fairly decent pricing on good places to send to get rechromed would be awsome, theres not much for chroming places around here.
    Last edited by mattcarlson; 04-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.

I've seen 1, 2, and 4 on eBay recently...the trim above the door is actually stainless, and is different on 2 doors/4 doors...4 doors have a 1" square chunk of chromed pot metal between doors. Open fender ports would be 1949? The next year they were on the hood, and in '53 they went oval but the '51/'52 portholes are closed.

ya the little chunk between the doors is junk on mine but its not bad, definatly needs to be re chromed, haha i knew it was stainless but me having the adhd i do forgot to say that. lol. i really wanna find the super stainless that goes along the top of the doors, and along the bottom!! ohhhh i also need to find the stainless swoop on the side of the car for a paSsenger side my pice on the rear door is fubared! oh ya im also goign to start a thread on the car soon as this is posted.