Thread: New Paint

New Paint

My car got started being painted ....he was using omni acrylic basecaot clear coat he got one coat on and then he did not finish the job i had to remove several runs and wet sand out the dirt that was under the paint...my question do i have to sand all the paint off to continue since it was not cleared within a weeks time or is there a sealer i can use over that paint he put down to continue... any help will be aprreciated ..Thank you
    He painted over top of the old paint that was on the car...do i still need to sand it all off to make this work out? he put on coat of new paint oveer top of the old paint on the car ...car was white he was changing the color for me ..thank you in advance
    Last edited by rowdyron; 04-07-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: new info

You should talk to your supplier, but I expect he will tell you that you will have to cut the surface well with a scotch pad or 320+ paper.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

new paint

Thanks for the help going to strip it all down and see what i can do...Thanks again