Thread: Rear drum brake info

Rear drum brake info

Hi again everyone, I'm in the process of replacing the rear brake shoes, springs and wheel cylinders on my 1970, Buick, GS 455 and have a question. Does anyone have a good resource for an exploded view diagram of the rear brake assembly? More specifically, all the adjuster linkage, spring placement etc. I have the chassis manual for it, but the photos they give are small and dark. I'm doing one side at a time to help me "remember" how to put it all back together, but I figured a picture is worth a thousand swear words! I wish I had the money to just go ahead and change it over to disc brakes and avoid all of this.
    Thanks in advance, Divecop

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Rear brake drum

Thanks Bob. This photo shows up much better than in the book!

Divecop

Rear drum brake info

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I found a another site at www.pbase.com/nufsed/drumbrake that gave great step-by-step color photos of the re-assembly process from start to finish. It was for a 1966 GMC pickup, but they were very similar to my GS. Hope it may help future owners! Thanks again for your post.
    Divecop