Thread: Radiator Cross Reference

Radiator Cross Reference

I need to find a radiator for my 1951 Buick Special Deluxe. Does anybody know of a cross reference list for radiators so I can start my search. I don't really want to shell out $500-$600 for a custom one.

Thanks

Ok. Can anbody give me the dimensions of their radiator in their Buick Special?

I think you will find that any rad from '50-52 and '53 special will fit. The series 70 has a larger capacity, but I do believe it well fit.

The overall height is about 27 and rad width is 19 with the outside of the rad mounts at about 24+
    Last edited by Bob; 02-05-2011 at 01:33 PM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I think I might be able to get a radiator from an older Jeep Wrangler to fit. Would you happen to know if the Buick radiators were 1,2,3,or 4 core radiators?

The Roadmaster is 3" thick, the Special is probably about 2".

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I can tell you with great authority that the 48 radiator doesnt fit the 52, sadly
    I bought one recently hoping it would suffice awhile
    I was going to muck around and try to make it fit but in the end there were too many differences.
    I have a little video made up of my 52 super's measurements, will advise when its up. That may help.

I'd be looking in a old truck boneyarrd. most radiator shops can move the inlet and outlet to match the 52's hose configuration

Yes go to a radiator shop, either take it there or give him demensions, they should be able to adapt your rads mounts to another radiator they have the books on radiator sizes.

dimensions of the radiator 52 buick

Hope this helps. this is a 50 model. I guess they are the same.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3_1pgWfilB...dimensions.jpg