From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1952 buick frame

It is boxed towards the back of the frame, but it is not important. Probably Buick found too many people hooking chains onto the piece you are talking about and pulling the side in. That is probably how your rear piece got damaged.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

The boxing goes from the rear crossmember towards the back of the frame. It doesn't go all the way to the back piece which is damaged on your frame.

You might get a piece of square tubing or rectangular tubing and cut one side off to give you the u shape. It isn't a part that shows much, so actually you could fix a pretty bad piece to be good enough with a little cutting and welding.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Bob,

Did you receive the picture of that guy's trunk? I was going to cut one side of a piece of square tubing but I think it would twist/distort because of the way they make tubing. When you cut it that much, it kinda distorts. I was thinking of just slicing 5-6 inches off of one side at each end and leave the rest as a box. Still looking for a metal fabricator that can just bend up a piece of 12ga but the pricing is ridiculous......but I'm a 50cents for a cup of coffee type of guy (old).