Thread: 1940 special 40 radiator

1940 special 40 radiator

Hello,

Does anyone know if summit or such a big store sells radiators of a 1940 special?

We are making progres on the bodywork so i want to collect all the parts i'm missing

What i saw at summit are those with the fillercap in the center of the radiator.

And i prefer the aluminium, becouse i think with this moddel buick there is not a big gap in $ between them

does no one know's a cheaper replacment radiator?

a aftermarked product?

1949 Special radiator

Generally there is not too much to a radiator that cannot be duplicated. Generally a radiator repair shop can remove or replace the old tops and bottoms, and put in any sort of fins you would like. We find that an extra row of the same stuff the radiator is made of can be added to make cooling more effective. With aluminum you would have to have it all aluminum to eliminate electrolysis.

My project is missing several parts, and becouse i live in the Netherlands they are hard to come at.

And if so i have to pay big. say about over 3000 dollar only for the front (hood,fenders grill).

That is the reason i asked about a replica, if i must buy one, it could beter be a replica.
    There is no need for to much orginality, i want to build the buick in mild 50ies style oldschool.

But with the streight 8,

Smile radiator

hey, go to wizzardcooling .com. they are in new york state. they built a radiator for my 48 .give them all measurements , send money, recieve beautiful radiator about 10 days later.they were cheaper than summit racing and are very nice guys to do business with.......................

thanks for the info,

The Brassworks makes Buick Radiators