Thread: Replacement trunk floor

Replacement trunk floor

I just purchased a 67 skylark and the trunk floor is rotten. I am not trying to turn this into a show car, nor a perfect restoration, just want to make it solid and fun.
    Searching the internet I can find various places to purchase the trunk floor panel, some as a 3 piece set, and others as a one piece. From what I can gather, the one piece needs to be put in from below and MAY need to have the body off of frame, or at least the differential out. I would rather not do that, so the 3 piece versions would be best for me.

My question is, are the panels off Ebay, the cheapest, any good? I see Goodmark and Old Buick Parts.com have them, but ADEALS auto parts on Ebay has the lowest price and includes all the spare tire mounts and braces too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2456wt_939

However, I don't want to spend the money on something that will just be crap or not fit too.

Have any opinions on this folks?
    Thanks
    Jon

I went with the 7 piece kit from Tamraz's auto on ebay for my 64.

I have everything cleared out and I'm getting ready to beat it into submission around the wheel wells.

I'm convinced that ALL of these kits come from the same place(s) overseas...when I was shopping for the kit, every vendor was on a 4-6 week back order...coincidence?

They all wil require some "coaxing"...
    1987 Grand National (36K Un-Molested Stocker! - 2nd Owner)
    1966 Skylark GS (#'s Matching 401 Nailhead, 2spd Auto, Bench Seat, CA Black Plates)
    1964 Skylark (87 Buick 3.8 Turbo, 200R4, bucket seats, CA Black Plates (87' GN powered hybrid)

1-piece trunk insert

Hello,

I actually just replaced my trunk floor a couple of months ago in my '70 skylark custom. I wasn't sure either what option to go with (1-piece, 3-piece, etc.) but finally decided to go with the single unit. They said if the rust was localized in the center that option was your best bet, but to go another route if it was spread out.

I cut out my trunk floor and simply dropped in the insert through the top, which was fairly simple, but time-consuming! (tack welds are every couple of inches so have your vise-grips handy)

I bought mine from the opgi website, cost about $180.00, which was reasonable, BUT cost another $170-180 to have it shipped because it's a large piece! The multi-piece options may be in a smaller package so you might not have the additional shipping fee with that option.

If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now would I do it again? Yes. It fit right in and I was very glad I did it.

Good luck-
    Glynn