Thread: New Member: Hello to All and Mirror Question

New Member: Hello to All and Mirror Question

First of all, hello! My name is Jerry and I live in Vacaville, California. I have a 1953 Buick Special that I am working on restoring. It is a project started by my dad and me many years ago. After dad passed last year, I promised that I would continue the restoration. Here's the catch: although dad was an ace mechanic, I have never been that mechanically inclined. So everything is a learning experience for me. I have MANY questions and hope I can tap into the knowledge base here. Besides that, my lack of mechanical knowledge should provide many of you with much needed humor as I ask what is likely to be volumes of "beginner" questions. Hopefully, you guys - and gals? - will take me under your wings! So, let me begin with my first question. I bought a couple of reproduction side mirrors for the car. Chinese crap that I thought was way overpriced, but I digress. What is the proper location to mount these mirrors on my car? I've searched and searched for photos, but can't seem to find one that provides the final answer. Thanks and nice to meet you all. When I get a handle on the forum, I will post some pictures.

jh

Check these pictures out. Hope it helps