Thread: Your opinion please

Your opinion please

I just purchased a very nice 70 Buick Wildcat well optioned, Bamboo Cream with a new black top and original near perfect black interior. The car has 29,000 miles on it. Out side of some cosmetics, the only thing wrong with the car is it does not have A/C since it came from Canada. I'm in Dallas Texas. My plan is to put A/C in it with original Buick parts.

My question is, if done right will that add to or harm the value of the car?and secondly should I make that modification on an otherwise unmolested vehicle?

Any help is welcome on locating all the necessay parts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mstapell View Post
    I just purchased a very nice 70 Buick Wildcat well optioned, Bamboo Cream with a new black top and original near perfect black interior. The car has 29,000 miles on it. Out side of some cosmetics, the only thing wrong with the car is it does not have A/C since it came from Canada. I'm in Dallas Texas. My plan is to put A/C in it with original Buick parts.

My question is, if done right will that add to or harm the value of the car?and secondly should I make that modification on an otherwise unmolested vehicle?

Any help is welcome on locating all the necessay parts!
    I don't know how it will affect the overall value of the car. If you are looking to show the car for points, it could hurt it. On a resale to most people a/c is a nice option. The way I would look at it is, a car was meant to be driven not to sit in a garage. Make the car how you would want it, and drive it often. The joy from riding in the car is worth more then the $$$ attached to it. That is my honest opinion. P.S. Its a convertible, who needs a/c?? Drop that top and enjoy..... Either way, nice ride. ~Dan
    Last edited by Buickspec6231; 10-29-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Project car + budget = headache.

Thumbs up

Unless you are a trophy fanatic, put it in! As a general rule, A/C is a valuable option, especially in Texas where it gets too darn hot to run with the top down sometimes!

Not sure about the Wildcat, but on a skylark, the firewall if different between an A/C car and non A/C. If you are talking about factory air.

Nice looking car. Enjoy.
    86 GN, all factory options, engine build in progress
    72 Skylark Convertible, 462, TH 400
    72 GSX Clone 464, TH400, 3:42. 10.71 @126mph best

We build GM carburetors and specialize in custom built Quadrajets

www.quadrajetpower.com
    mark@quadrajetpower.com