Thread: first car show in 4 years .feels good

first car show in 4 years .feels good

My 41 buick special and my family were on a way to a local show , a dad was fighting with his kids driving 70+ mph on the dirt back roads on a sunday morning .The guy never stopped for the intersection and at the last second my dad in the front seat noticed the new aveo car that we are going to hit !! I swearved ,hit the brakes , and hit the aveo .The cars made contact ,the back end of my buick went up and I went under his aveo . The crash was not even felt by my 2 daughters in the back seat with my wife , came back down to the ground ,gained control ,then coasted to the side of the road .I now know why these vehicles could be so beat up over the years and still drive after a weekend of working on them , 4 years later I am driving this car to a local car show Monday with my family - the buick is fixed bought a parts car years ago ,but it had replacement fenders without the lip at the bottom of the door had to weld the old lip off the old fender .The list needed was as follows grill ,bumber ,fender ,inner fender, 3 front pieces of body steel , radiator ,fixed fan blade ,replaced generator belt ,headlight bucket assembly ,turn signal assembly ,spear on side of fender ,and fixed hood .This has been a long tough time and my children are the ones that finally got me to fix it ... Thank goodness for children that care for these great automobiles (antiques) - my children give the 41 buick a kiss goodnight at the end of the day regularly .Now excited to go to the first car show in 4 years with the 41 buick , for 5 years have owned a 1965 ford fairlane that is my daily driver during the nice weather months for michigan and also taken this car to shows too .There is nothing like driving the buick , to experience it is awsome. Good luck to all out there with your antiques .

First car show in 4 years

Think that old straight eight would prefer the cooler air from in front of the radiator via an air tube. Do you need one?
    Last edited by Straight Eight; 09-05-2010 at 02:05 PM.

air tube ?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Eight View Post
    Think that old straight eight would prefer the cooler air from in front of the radiator via an air tube. Do you need one?
    I could use one , how much ?

show winner

I went to this local church car show with 119 entries and wide range of automobiles ,then out of the blue My 41 buick won drivers choice award .Me and the family were excited .The car deserves it ,it did reciece a lot of attention for it's original shape and condition that I am going to keep it in .Have a great labor day afternoon too as my family did.

first car show in 4 years.

What is the diameter of the opening on the air cleaner. My new hose measures 4 inches.

size of opening

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Eight View Post
    What is the diameter of the opening on the air cleaner. My new hose measures 4 inches.
    --- measures between 2 3/4" and 2 7/8" ,fairly small thanks anyways .

First car show in 4 years

They are available from www.bobsautomobilia.com
    for about $7.00 a foot. Bobs is a good source of parts for the 41. I had one for years and used Bobs for parts.