Thread: '84 century 3.0 cooling fan control relay

'84 century 3.0 cooling fan control relay

ANYONE SEEN THIS??

On my '84 Century Limited 3.0 there is a " multi-control" relay under the right side of radiator frame. in front of battery, right where the right fender's cross suport arm fastens to corner of radiator.

This relay controls the electric fan, turns on /off , will allow to run after engine is turned off if temp is above 197*
    I have tried several Buick dealers none have ever seen it...most auto wreckers do not keep this old car.

I have looked pn other '84's its not there........was told this '84 LIMITED 3.0 was special and most parts are too.

thanks
    Last edited by MONLMON; 06-15-2010 at 04:34 PM.

I just pulled the electric fan out of my 94 Century - am parting it out, appears the power wire goes to the block somewhere - I suspect to a thermo sensor, that is set at a certain degree.

I dont think a fan that only had to cool a v6 would work on my LeSabre 300, but I intend to incorporate it into part of my solar home cooling system.

I'm trying to take the power brake booster/MC also - I know that will work on the LeSabre's disc brake conversion.

I just have to figure out how to get to those four bolts that go through the firewall.

they musta just forgot about the regulator after 84, and wired the fan on/off directly to a temp sending unit on the block.

'84 Century Limited

thanks for the reply WildKitty

If you can look into installing a larger radiator in your "300" and coolers for both oil and tranny.......
    There was at least two relays within this "module"

This "module" is called a "CCRM" Constant Control Relay Module" and came on the "84 Century LIMITED" only...was not on the '83 or '85 o I think most mechanics never knew it was there cause of the hiding place....
    Only way to really find it was to follow the harness from fan , then it splits and one section goes under the right grill /front radiator frame.

I just wanted to toss it out there and see if anyone else had run across it.

As for your house cooling system.....I placed a 18" "turbo" fan in the attic access opening....let it run 24/7....never turned on my cooler..inside temps was well below 74* even with temps outside at 110*...many a customer thought I had airconditioning.........that was a 1200sqft house
    By the way if you do not have those wind turbins on your roof to exhuast the attic ..do so....those alone will drop the inside temps up to 20 *..the attic temp up to 50* or more.....with the exhust fan running the turbin rasn at a blurrr

Monlmon