Thread: need some advice

need some advice

I am new to this and need some advise and suggestions, i am rebuilding a 67 buick skylark and want to improve the suspension and drivability. nothing to expensive but make a definite improvement. attached is a wish list of parts. If you have any suggestions please feel free. I realize that the larger more expensive disk breaks are better for stopping than the somewhat generic power disk break conversion i have listed, but these should make a significant improvement over the manual drums i have on it now.
    Front drop springs or drop spindles? what are the pros and cons.
    please look at the attachment and let me know what you think.
    JC's_67_sky

james

For what its worth, you mention expensive.

A lot of that stuff is nice, but not neseccary. Personally if you brakes aren't up to snuff, my first question is, are the power? If not try a putting in a booster, it will cost about $100.00. The next handleing item would be a swaybar set, bigger is better! The car will still ride nice, but it will take out the roll (you will have to box your lower rear end links). I don't see it on your list.

Dropping the car is kind of personal, but when you go down, you will drag bottom more often, and there will be tire clearance issues when turning. Stock width, hieght, offset tires will almost certainly be the limits without being real engineering. Air bags could be a better option.

Good luck, car looks good!
    Bob

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks for the advise. The break conversion kit i am planning on getting is a four wheel power disk conversion so it will have the booster in it. and the suspension kit has front and rear swaybars included. the list also has new upper and lower rear trailing arms. i was thinking about going with some 17 in. torq thrust II for the wheels. if you think dropping it would create problems i may reconsider not dropping it, unless i find another alternative than air bags they are a little to pricey for me right now.

thanks
    JC's_67_sky

james

suspension.....

Well , what you can do is take the car to gran sport specs.... all the parts can be bought.... heavy duty shocks.... and put some airlift air bags inside the rear springs... only cost about $75 and makes for a firm, flat ride.....

http://shop.airliftcompany.cust.shop...ch_vehicle?k=0

is this the product you are talking about?
    JC's_67_sky

james

air lift air bags....

Yep,,,, easy to install, really work,,, and inexpensive.....