Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Project Pics

New Member Project Pics

Hello, I just came accross this forum the other day and I see a few names here I recognize. I searched through the showroom and saw very few 1961/1962 Skylarks. I have been working on mine on and off for about 4 years. It is currently ready for paint and waiting for my chance to get in the booth. Anyway here are a couple pictures. No it's not a race car it is a street car that will see the track every once in a while.

This is what I started with:

Progress:

I didn't want to bore you all with the details. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I'm not a pro builder, this is just a hobby all work except the headers were done at home in my garage/shop, by me.

There are hundreds of pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/camaroman7d

Hopefully I will have paint pictures to post in the next week or two.

Looks pretty wild

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Wow nice job you did.Its really appreciable.After modification your car is looking dam good.
    Chrishaulk's Buick 2007 Buick Performance Chip

Thanks. The goal was to build something different. I have owned 6 Camaros over the years (hence the screename). When I saw the 1961 Skylark I thought wow that is a homely car, but I think I can make it look good. I'm getting close and I think if nothing else it will be different, which was the goal to begin with. Just thought I would introduce myself and show what I am working on.

Chris,
    Good chance we will cross paths at a show since you are fairly local to me. If you see this car out there come up and introduce yourself.

Making progress should have the rest of the body panels home is a couple days. The white actually has a slight blue pearl over it, but it doesn't show up in the pictures. The car is not perfect by any means and is not a show car. It is a street car thet will get driven a LOT.

WOW!!!! Can you say BAD ***!!!!!!

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

NICEEEEEEE BUt whats the trailer for
    1962 Lesabre 4 door seadan
    2007 honda element (at least its american made by UAW workers in East Liberty OH)
    09 Chevy AVEO (100% percent korean assembled, 70% korean parts, 1% usa and canada parts,) Which one is the domestic again i am confused?

Thanks!

The trailer is borrowed and was just to get the car to and from the paint booth. Trust me it will be driven and never trailered. If you see it on a trailer it is most likely broken.

Making some progress.

Here's a little update. Hope to finish it soon. I can't post full size pictures from webshots to this site for some reason.