Thread: how to remove door panel

how to remove door panel

First time 1970 Buick Skylark Custom owner and I am attempting to remove drivers door panel for access to side mirror. I've removed handles, door pad, and all clips screws around door but it will not lift out of window channel. What do I do to complete removal? The mirror is loose in it's base and I hope to tighten it. Otherwise, will need to replace. Thanks in advance for help. Roy

Scroll down to the Restoration section - might be something there:
    http://www.buickperformance.com/page1.htm
    1964 Canary Yellow Buick LeSabre Convertible - bone stock, approaching 93,000 original miles.
    300ci, aluminum heads, 4bbl, 2spd, A/C, PS, PB

I don't know if you have done this or not but roll the window down all the way and press on the top of the pad, push toward the outside of the car and lift upward as you do this. It usually is tough to get those door panels to un-clip at the top. Hope this helps and congrats on the choice of car.
    Put An LS1 in it and go!

Thanks for the quick replies. I figured out it was clipped at the top and had to be kinda "manhandled" (HA!) to get it off. Of course, once I got off I realized the mirror was held on by an outside screw thus panel did not need to come off. However, I now have practice removing door panels. I'll enter info on car in appropriate site later. However, I got the car this weekend at the Pigeon Forge, TN Rod Run. It's been a long time since I owned a GM classic car but am really pleased with this one. It's not a show car by any means but is great for driving and taking to cruise-in's. I do have two other classic's that are Fords; a 67 Galaxie XL (4-speed) and a 47 Ford 1-ton stake bed. I am the person that loves any old vehicle regardless of the manufacturer. More to follow. Roy