- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: cant find 1971 skylark front hub/drum

cant find 1971 skylark front hub/drum

just rebuilt my suspension,energy bushings ect, ready for spring cruising. yikes!now i need a new drum-hub for my 71 skylark.its grooved too deep.no major parts store stocks them! i thought it would be like my others gto elcamino monte,but this has the one piece iron hub/drum.help!the disc conversion is to much right now.limited budget left after resto,this winter.

I have my old ones from when I did my disc brake conversion. If you cant find any locally to ya.

I have some here that would work for you.
    86 GN, all factory options, engine build in progress
    72 Skylark Convertible, 462, TH 400
    72 GSX Clone 464, TH400, 3:42. 10.71 @126mph best

We build GM carburetors and specialize in custom built Quadrajets

www.quadrajetpower.com
    mark@quadrajetpower.com

Is your hub still okay, or is the hub itself also bad? If the hub is fine and you just need a new drum, you can replace the drum.

My '70 skylark has the same front hub/drum your car has. The replacement drum is sold separately. You have to press the hub off the old drum then and mount the drumless hub back on your spindle. Your new drum will slide on just like a rear drum slides on the axle wheel studs and over the brake shoes.

Your wheel holds the drum on. I've had no problems with this set up. I bought the brake drum at a NAPA Auto Parts store.

cant find 1971 skylark front hub/drum

wow, pressed together?,i swore it looked manufactured as one.it is rusty, i looked at it and looked up that there are 2 or three types for the skylarks,this is a strange looking one,with deep large rounded cooling ribs/fins, i will pull it off again some time and check it again, had to put it back on temp to move the car around my shop.the frnt brakes are 2"1/2 wide x 9" or 9 1/2 dia drum

Go to your local NAPA parts store and ask about this part number:

ND 4401002

It's a front drum for a 1971 skylark. It is without the hub. You have to re-use your existing hub.

1971 skylark hub/drum

wow! all i had to do was get a bigger hammer,and penetrating oil,the drum was so rusted to the hub,giving the look of all-one.unit. so with buicks being so diff with somethings,i assumed they were one piece. what blows me away is they also had an option of aluminum drums on some.

Good deal and you'll fix it good as new without having to scour wrecking yards and spending outrageous money.

You can get the parts you need from your local auto parts store.