I have a question for anyone out there that really knows for sure about the color/emboss coding on the Roadmaster Dashes for 1953. This was in fact the only year in which Buick embossed the lower section of a complete dash design which they had used since 1950. In 1954 they went to a completely different dash design.

Now am I not correct when I say that All Roadmaster Buicks had the checkered lower dash embossing as standard fitment?? This embossing pattern transitions over to each front door just past the front door nose vents.

Now I have seen the 72R series 4-doors with that theme all the time.
All the Roadmaster Convertibles have had that as well that I've seen,
as well as all the Skylarks.

However, all the specials and supers I have seen have had the solid 2-shade paint scheme but without the lower checkered embossing.

OK, so now I am looking at what is reported to be a Roadmaster 2 door Riviera. It has the complete lower Rivera Stainless trim just like all the Roadmasters I have seen. However, the dash does not have this checkered lower embossing. Just painted a different shade from the top dash as in the supers and specials. Could this be a super that someone has put an extra porthole into the front fender and installed the roadmaster riviera outside trim?

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave