Thread: 1969 skylark change

Question 1969 skylark change

im thinking about changing my 1969 buick skaylark into a gs clone is it really worlth it or do you think i should keep it the car just a 1969 buick skylark i have already done some modifications t the car i took off all the crome strips off both sides of the car and started to fill them in.

I think you should do what you like! It doesn't take a set of GS badges to make a honkin' GREAT Buick

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

It won't add anything to the value. The key question is - will you like it better?

-BC

if anything i would like to change the seats from being a bench seat into two bucket seats. the front seat is all messed up anyways. the car is already a head turner the way it is right now because i havent seen anyone around with a skylark. i had to bring it all the way from indiana its in pretty bad shape right now but it runs and drives good.

For what it's worth, I have a 4-door 1969 Special (same body as Skylark) and decided that instead of rebuilding my bench seat again, that I would get a seat out of a junkyard - there was a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Presidential in my local yard with a nice comfy leather seat. I have NO regrets about doing that, I put on over 10,000 miles this summer in my nice big comfy seat. I had to drill some new holes, and putz with the seat belts a bit, but I LOVE the result.

-Bob C.

idk if i could use a newer seat from a car i really like the way an old car feels when you sit in it i think that i was to put newer seats in it they would have to be racing seats