- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: best o.e.m. a-body front springs?

best o.e.m. a-body front springs?

my 71 gs455 needs new springs one is really shot,potholes.i want a pretty firm ride,my wife likes sudden turns for some reason.so what is the best stock option springs?that fit the task without lifting it too high?not into the "gasser"look for this one.i have found alot of affordable oem ones for under 100.like gto 400? chevelle monte/smblock or bb? cutlass bb?oem gsx455? not buying the high-end 200dollar aftermarket springs.

Being as you are in a major center, you probably have a spring manufacturer there. You should go have a talk with them. They should be able to do anything you want for springs and usually at reasonable costs.

Or, you might look at a set of springs out of a big block station wagon.

If it is cornering you want, you probably want a couple of big front and rear sway bars, not springs.

http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view...=front_swaybar

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

best o.e.m a-body springs?

yeah alot of choices,concerned about bottoming my pan and exhaust,i'm already looking into some 70's trans am sway bars a ton of cheap old backyard transams around central texas.

That would be a very good place to be looking for good used!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!