Thread: vacuum line location help

vacuum line location help

on my 71 skylark i have climate control,i have one long 1/8 line not connected.it comes out the center cowl with the volt reg,and wires,and 1 other 1/8 line, i have the vac canister hooked up correct,1 larger hose to the intake port,the other small one to the inside for vent controls,what is the other xtra one go?to the carb or intake full vac?or t off the 1/8 vac res?

The routing is in the shop manual here:

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...files/13-b.pdf

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Does the vacuum hose have a white stripe along side it? There is one that runs from the control to the heater control valve on the engine's intake manifold. On my '70 skylark its the vacuum hose with the white stripe. The vacuum hoses on the climate control are color keyed. Match the stripes with the vacuum cluster on the back of the switch that changes from heat/aircond/defrost/etc. It's kind of hard to read, but the vacuum cluster has it identified which color hose connects to each vacuum port on the cluster/ A shop guide can provide the vacuum hose routing. It's an uncomfortable spot having to climb under the dash with the seat in the car. Good luck.

vacuum line location

thanks il' play around with it i recall it from my chevelle and my gto.i remember the goat had a tiny check valve in between.along with the "BALL" shaped resavour