- Carter Dual 4-barrel Carburetors, Linkage Sticking
- Buick Cam Specifications for 401 and 425 nailheads
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: What are these exhaust manifolds?

What are these exhaust manifolds?

Can someone please tell me what B1361916 and B1366827 exhaust manifold fit?

Thanks,

Gary

it doesn't actually appear that we can.

all you have is the exh manifolds?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

The exhaust manifolds are/were on ebay. I need a set for a '66 425 and that is what they are listed for. The list of casting numbers that are available on various sites do not show these numbers. I also have several sets of manifolds that I have taken off of orginal 322 engines that do not appear on lists. Maybe someone can explain?

Thanks,

Gary

exhaust manifolds

You need 1964 1377480,1348477 1965-66 1377480,1367159 to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe someone can explain?

a lot of information has fallen through the cracks over the years.

heck, if you go to the Sloan Museum ( the official Buick history museum ), they can only decode VINs for about a half dozen years prior to 1980. Buick threw a whole lot of records away.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Gary,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to your post, but we're snowed in here and I just got to my garage.

I have two exhaust manifolds that I know came off a '66 Riviera, I parted it out myself. The one number, 1366827 (left side) is the same as the ones you're looking at. The other number (passenger side) doesn't match.

I also have another set of manifolds, one of which is the same 1366827 part number, the other is another different number. This set I got from a friend who said they too came from a '66 Riviera. The other two part numbers I have are 1361860-4F (from the engine I parted,) and 1377842-3 (from my friend.) Both are for the passenger side, and have the removable heat riser butterfly (not built into the manifold, but the manifold has extra long bolts that allow the heat riser butterfly to be sandwiched between the exhaust pipe and the manifold.) The only visible difference is that in one of them, a boss is drilled and tapped, and it the other it's not.

If you didn't/don't get those off ebay, and you still need a set for your '66, I've got the one pair available - with the drilled and tapped boss. The exhaust pipes are cut off about an inch below the end of the manifold and you'd need to remove them. The butterfly is stuck but doesn't appear to be rusty.

If you have a set of manifolds that would resemble some "block hugger" headers, I'll trade you even up. I've got a 425 engine that I built for a street rod and would like to use cast iron manifolds rather than headers. Is there a big difference in exhaust port sizes based on CID? Anyone else know? Or can 322/364 manifolds be ported to match 425 exhaust ports?

If you're interested, I can email you pictures in a PM; I'd appreciate the same.

Thanks,

Ed