From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: Two Tone Riviera

Two Tone Riviera

I´ve just traded a Cadillac for a Buick Riviera 1964, so Im new here. There are some work to it, but most of the body work is done and the next step is to paint it. The car was in a colour called Bronze Mist originally. I want to keep it as original as possible, but I dont really like that colour so Im thinking about going for another 64 colour- or colours! My question is if there ever was a two tone Riviera from the factories, in stock or as an option? Never seen one in pictures anyway.

Greetings from a really snowy Sweden

I guess that the lack of response show that there were no two tone Rivieras. If there was, someone here would have known about it I guess. Cheers and Merry Christmas to you.

No, I don't believe there were any. I have seen some nice custom two tone schemes though. Paint is a very personal topic.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Perka,

There are many two-toned 1st generation Rivieras out there today, but none were factory cars. All are customs or modified in some way.

However, you can rest easy knowing that Silver Arrow I, Bill Mitchell's personal 63 Riviera, was customized by the factory following his directions. It is very hard to discern, but it is painted two tones of silver. The horizontal surfaces are one shade, and the vertical surfaces are a shade darker. Try to find a picture of it.

For some other pictures, you can try Google images or go to www.carnut.com and click on the Car Pics link, then the Buick link, then you can find pictures from the links for each of the years 1963, 1964, and 1965. As you drag your cursor over each item, you'll get a thumbnail of it. Click on it, and you can see a full screen picture.

Ed

Thank you for that information, great. Two Tone silver sounds like a great combination. As the car is in good condition and the hard body work has been done carefully and with the matching numbers I think now I will stick to original. Not the Bronze Mist colour though. I was thinking either the lite blue metallic (I think its the Marlin Blue) or Granada Red. After I had a look of the pictures at the site you suggested, I will be going for the metallic as I think it shows the lines of the car better.

Or, Two Tone silver.........

Anyway, its one of thoose problems in life its easy to live with.

I´d like to wish you a great new year from a really snowy Sweden.

Cheers