Thread: Newb 1964 Skylark Convt

Newb 1964 Skylark Convt

Hello all,
    Glad to find a place that is Buick specific. I just picked up a '64 Skylark 2 Dr. Convertible. The guy I bought it from says it's a 340, but in my readings, I'm only finding a V-6 or 300CI. I've matched up most of the build numbers, and I do know that the exterior and interior colors are original (not paint, just colors). I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet (restore to original or custom). I plan to put floor pans and interior in it this winter and drive it in the spring. Oh yeah, I will also be swapping out the single cylinder master cylinder for a double, and reworking all the brakes before hitting the road. Buy the way, I drove it before I bought it. Motor runs great, and tranny shifts good too. What would be a fair price for a find like this? Just wondering if I got the deal that I think I did. Any links to parts, new and used would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pics.... Thanks, Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron505; 12-02-2009 at 05:38 AM.

BTW, the title reads 140,000 miles, while the odometer reads 55,000. Also has a 2 speed trans, and some fudge (putty) in the rear quarters and a couple other places. Paint is not fresh, but the top is. Lots of great info on this site....thanks!

I've also been searching for original tire /wheel size. Is it safe to assume that the wheels have the 5x4 3/4 lug pattern? I think around 3 3/4" backspacing. Looking for new wheels, any input greatly appreciated.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron505; 12-02-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Welcome and it looks good to me!

I assume you have found this page on the site:
    http://www.teambuick.com/reference/w...tire_howto.php

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!