Thread: Alan Grove Accessory Mounting Brackets

Alan Grove Accessory Mounting Brackets

I have posted a few times about my 58 Buick Caballero Wagon. I bought a 65 401 Buick engine for it and rebuilt it to 413 cu in. We decided to put a Camaro Clip under it because the air ride, brakes, spindles, good steering box, etc were readily available. We put a 4L60 automatic in it, and a 9" rear with truck bars. Air Ride all the way around. It was an air ride car from the factory. i decided to put a 4 wheels disc brake set up on it since the wheels I am having made for it won't show the drum/or disc..They are going to look very much like the fancy 59 Buick hub cap. I want the engine compartment to look as much like original as possible...ie no billet, aluminum etc. Does anyone besides Alan Grove make mounts for the alternator, air conditioning compressor, modern power steering pump etc. I don't like the way Grove's stuff sits real high, even though it seems he did it because the fuel pump, water pump etc inteference. We put a Detroit Speed Steering box on it and that necessitates making custom headers for it. I see someone else on here is doing a 57 Buick and he is thinking about clipping it. Also what kind of windshield wiper motor would you recommend to get rid of the vacuum set up..

Allen Groves bracket

I made my own out of 1/4 steel plate and some drilled stand outs looks better than the grove pieces. Had mine chromed looks great. No 1 made any for the 322 nailhead so with card board and a lot of time I made mine have fun Back yard engineering

Johnson's Hot Rod Shop is building the Caballero so he just went ahead and built the mounts. Now that he's made a set, the next ones won't be so hard to do. If anyone needs some, he would probably make them some. I don't want to chrome mine since I want to make it look like it was done originally

headers

I installed a 72 nova frt clip in my 57 and I used a set of headers from sanderson for a riviera p/n bnh-2 they worked perfect for my car, I also used the chev trk trailing arms and that fits like they were made for it. Do you have a pic of the A/C bracket that they made for you? Are you using the nailhead in your car? I'm using the 364 with a sp t-400 trans. I live close to you (Newnan Ga)would be nice to get together and talk Buicks sometime