Thread: 455 in a mustang?

455 in a mustang?

hey guys! been gone for a while. nice to be back. just bought another 455. this one is a 75 out of an electra. anyone heard of putting one in a fox body mustang? i have both and have been considering trying to do it. wouldn't that just **** off some ford boys any tips ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

i know there was a guy in Alabama who was putting 455's in Camaro's.

i have no idea if a Fox Body has enough space between the shock towers for a big block. i think if you've got at least 32" between the towers it might happen:
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view.php?pg=numbers
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

hey thanks for the info bob. i just measured and it looks like i have about 33 1/2", so hopefully it will fit.

make sure you adapt ford valve covers!! gggg kidding

If you do that, you'd be my hero! The only thing that would **** more people off than that would be a GN V6 Turbo in a NSX. Post pics when done!
    "Without anything bad happening, how can you appreciate the good?"

believe it or not i have actually thought about trying to get some ford valve covers to fit. that would set it off just need to get the 2.3 out and start trying to see if it will fit.

I like it! Hopefully you can stuff it in there. As far as valve covers you could always get a set of cast aluminum covers and have FORD milled into them. If you are handy with a TIG welder you could take a set of FORD valve covers and cut out the FORD and weld that to your aluminum Buick covers. There are ways to make it happen

Got a transmission located. Now just need some exhaust manifolds and an intake and then im gonna start trying to shoe it in