Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buick Newbie

Buick Newbie

This is a silly question for you guys, but I am really new. Where is the location of the hood release on 1964 Wildcat? I am trying to get started on the wildcat as it has been under a tarp since 86. It is in remarkably good condition for the age. Maybe I will post some pics later.

Thanks in advance.

Wecome newbie,your hood release is in your grill to the left or right of center under the nose of the hood.
    Good luck, and post pics.

goat
    64 (bare bones) Riv

Thanks I will check that as soon as I get a chance. As for pics I will have to dig up the old camera and see if they are still on there.

Would love to see some photos of it!!

Welcome

I've got a 64 Wildcat on the road - it was in storage for 30 years when I got it.

don't be driving it till you check out the brakes, the cups in the cylinders will probably leak..

Illl be interested as to how many miles is on it. mine only had 54K.
    keep us posted
    Butch

64 Wildcat
    64 LeSabre
    one 455 in rebuild

64 Wilcat

These 64 Wilcats are really nice road cars, by now you should have gotten the hood open. We have a 64 Wildcat 4dr ht with 401 cu in and auto. What engine and trans does yours have? Due to health and age we need to sell our car anyone is iterested. This is about 90% restored and has been on several trips.

car is a little ways away from me and outside.
    Mine has got 89k or so on it. Still got the oil change sticker from 1986.
    It was yellow from the factory but my grandpa had it painted green and white. I am not sure what engine and trans are in it, as you cannot tell from the vin like today's cars. I look forward to finding out what engine is in it. I am from the generation where the hood release was always under the dash, so when i looked and couldn't find one, i figured it had to be somewhere up there.

okay found the pic. How do I get the hood open now? Doesn't seem to have much room for a hood release.

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    car is a little ways away from me and outside.
    Mine has got 89k or so on it. Still got the oil change sticker from 1986.
    It was yellow from the factory but my grandpa had it painted green and white. I am not sure what engine and trans are in it, as you cannot tell from the vin like today's cars. I look forward to finding out what engine is in it. I am from the generation where the hood release was always under the dash, so when i looked and couldn't find one, i figured it had to be somewhere up there.
    Look Right above the center grille tri-sheld I think to the right & it should have a lever that slides horiaontally to the r. as well . Then when it releases the hood, lift the lever under there to open. Hope this helps. Mark

So it is below the hood line and underneath the topmost "rail" of the grille just to the right of the emblem. Okay will have to look at that closely. thank you.