Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disc Brake donor for 64 Wildcat

Red face 73 electra donor and wheel clearance

I think the Electra should work, they should be 12x1 rotors. The wheel clearance thing is you have to remember you are changing it from the orginal design of the drum wheels to the rotor and caliper, so you will probably have to do some changing. If you get the knuckels and the whole assembly it should make it easier. There again the knuckles have to fit between the A arms and the ball joints have to match up. Good luck, Tim

Thanks Tim

Any idea if the A arm and ball joints would bolt on? that list I had - wish I could remember where I found it, listed the donor cars that you used the complete knuckle/ball/A arm assembly.. I think there was a caddy, an olds, and a few more in the early 70s. Im gong to start digging online. I hope I can find it - and will certainly post it here. maybe will save a few others some time
    Butch

Red face a-arms &ball joints

I have no idea if the A-arms and ball joints will bolt right up, I would think they should being there wasn't much change that I know of between those years, but if your luck is like mine, keep the torches handy

I just scored the front end of a 71 electra.. has disc brakes... will keep ya all posted (oh yea, $75, he's removing them for me)

side subject; I picked up a 96 Buick Century; really nice bench seats, steering wheel, etc. gonna try to swap dashboards, I like that horizontal speedometer + hoping the lectric window mechanism will fit the LeSabre doors.

will git that sucker on the road this year.