- Carter Dual 4-barrel Carburetors, Linkage Sticking
- Buick Cam Specifications for 401 and 425 nailheads
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: A Buick Novice in need of asistance.. :)

A Buick Novice in need of asistance.. :)

Hi there..

I have a 66 Riviera .. A very nice looking car with only 52 000 miles on it..
    However it does have some "small issues"..

1: The Amm-meter is not working. The oil-temp gauge is fluctuating between low and high ( I've replaced the Sender unit on the Engine without any improvement.)
    The Temp gauge is working, though it reads "somewhere in the middle of cold -Normal, when engine is warm ( Thermostat is replaced and Heater system has been flushed) Can all this be a result of a bad ground somewhere? Like the Instrument Cluster ground? If so, where is it?

2: I can't seem to get enough HEAT inside the car ( I don't have AC) The Defroster works, and when i turn the knob to the Heater , I only get Heat from the center "outlet" and NOT from the Vent outlets on each side.. Is this normal?

3: My front brake drums are causing vibration when I apply the brakes, I've got new ones, But I can't seem to separate the Inner Wheel-bearing housing from the old drums. The wheel bolts came out nicely, but no matter how i try, I can't get those 3 "studs/rivets" or whatever they're called off , in order to separate the wheel-bearing housing/Hub from the drum..

4: Rear power window motors are dead ( tried removing one and tested it with 12 Volts, but they're dead..

5: The RIGHT lower Vent cable is stuck at CLOSED position..

6. AND finally the trunk is wet after a rainshower ( seems to be a common problem). Is this due to Defective weather-strip around the Trunk OR those "ribbed vent" just above the trunk( below the rear window..)

Hope anybody has some good ideas.. And Yeah, I do HAVE the Buick Chassis Manual for the 66 Riv..

Greetings from a Norwegian
    Last edited by Airflow; 09-30-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Hello

I have also a -66 Riviera with a leak into the trunk. In my case the reason is leaking hoses from venting below the rear window through the trunk. I belive it would be fearly easy to clean up the connecting points for the hoses, and put an extra hose clamp.

The other stuff you listed works on my car. I am located in Norway too, by the way.