Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front disc brake conversion

Reply to Nailheadnut post

Thanks NAILHEADNUT, It is very hard to find older cars because a few years back the yards were crushing most of the bigger older cars. I guest they though that there was never going to be a requirement for them. WeLLLLL ...... their lost. I have been looking for months. I have found some cars but not exactly what I need. I have been on ebay, teambuick, google, and other site trying to find the rear window chrome for that year car. It seem that this older guy told me that the chrome from a 70 big body chevy, pontiac, cadalic or olds will work. Not to successful at finding one of those cars. I found a 68 and 69 big body car, but the chromes were slightly different. This one guy did not want to part with his. Anyway. . . thanks for the suggestion and I will keep looking.
    Last edited by 70LeBuick; 03-24-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: mis-spell word

Have you checked a Hollander interchange manual to see what other models, years, makes, might have the same spindle and brake set up? I went to www.car-part.com and selected 1970 Buick LeSabre (pre-79) spindly and the search came back with info about a 68 and a 69 Riviera. Are these interchangable? If so, there are a couple of them out there on this site.

I also found this 69 LeSabre on the Jaxed Mash site (it's compilation of all of the craigslist, ebay, and hemmings ads from the entire U.S.)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/1655667857.html

I did a quick parts check on AdvanceAutoParts.com comparing a 68 Riviera to a 70 LeSabre and they both show the same part number for the front brake rotor. Your field from which you have to choose might be bigger than you're seaching.

Ed
    Last edited by nailheadnut; 03-24-2010 at 03:07 PM.

call Wheatbelt Buick in Okla... they might have just what you need in their acres of 60s & 70s Buicks