Thread: No air through vents

No air through vents

I have a 94 Buick Regal GS (3.8L if it matters) I was attempting to replace the heater core, and when I got everything back together I wasn't getting any air flow except through the dash. It sounds like the air is just stuck around where the heater core is located. The HVAC controls don't do anything, but the fan speed can be changed. However, you cannot select Heat, Vent, A/C, Defrost, etc. The button for the rear defrost doesn't work either, which is integrated into the controls. I am thinking maybe I don't have power to the controls, but I don't know for sure. Everything worked before I took it apart (as usual). Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by dave2953; 08-09-2009 at 04:03 PM.

After a trip to the dealer I have found out that I burned up the A/C controller. The part alone is $310 and labor is another $200. It sucks, but I sure as heck am not driving around Georgia in August without air conditioning. Expensive lesson learned.

Good to know. My problem is some kinda electrical over vaccum controlbox which is behind my glove box.I really dont wanna know how much it costs so I just swaped the vaccume lines at the doors to suit my needs