- Buick 300/340 Casting Numbers
- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: 215 tranny help

215 tranny help

does anyone know what modern tranny's will bolt up to an original 215 buick engine without much difficulty? I know adapter plates can be fabbed to bolt up almost any tranny but I am in search of something that will simply bolt in without having to deal with much fabrication....

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx all!!

Transmission adapters

The best place to get the information you need is from Bob Bendtsen at Bendtsen's Speed Gems. His phone number is 763-767-4480. Bob not only manufacturers adapters but is a walking encyclopedia about engine and transmission combinations.

Cool Tranny Help

Hey Freak,
    To answer your question - no, there is no late model auto tranny for the Buick/Olds/Pontiac (BOP) 215, BUT there is help!!!!
    The very best place to go for any help related to the BOP 215s is Mark at D&D Machine in Michigan. He specializes in this engine and everything related to it.
    He manufacturers an adaptor so you any late model tranny to your 215 and he also makes numerous manual trans bell housings that are much better that the original if you go manual. I got the auto trans adaptor in my '62 Buick Special right now. Here's his info and tell him Dan Sheqa from Texas sent you!

PS - Call, don't e-mail. Mark will be the first one to tell you he likes to use the phone! But great info on their website.

D&D Fabrications
    (Mark or Dan LaGrou)
    8005 Tiffany Drive
    Almont, MI 48003
    Shop - 810-798-2491
    www.aluminumv8.com

Adaptor Plate for 215

Here are several pics.
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

There have been a good bit of discussions on adapting different transmissions to replace the dualpath over in the skylark616263 - yahoogroup.
    All require some type of adapter plate, and most require some modifications to the tunnel and drive shaft.
    Old hotrodders will tell you that when you make one change, you will usually end up making several more.

iirc, the Rover variants of the 215 kept the same bellhousing up until 2004.

so there actually is a source for more recent transmissions.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)