Thread: Hi!

Hi!

Hello All,

My name is Andy and I live in Winchester in the South of England and I've just bought the 1952 Super Sedan pictured below.

She's originally from South Africa so is right hand drive which is perfect for the roads out here. She's just gone into the garage for a touch-up and rechrome which will take a couple of months or so (we do things slowly over here!). There's a bit of clutch judder (3 speed manual) to sort out as well.

She's a solid more-or-less rustfree car in reasonable condition. The original interior has been replaced with a blue & white leather one at some time but the rest of the car is standard.

I have one question though - does anyone know where I can find the paint colour code to get the paint matched? Is it stamped on the car somewhere? The VIN plate on the inside of the door pillar reads "General Motors South Africa 52 52 SA1979" if that's any help. I think the car has been resprayed at some time but it looks like it was with the original colour and has not been changed.

I look forward to hanging out here!

Thanks,

Andy

Nice looking car you have there!