Thread: Finding Skylark Parts (1962)

Finding Skylark Parts (1962)

We have a 62 skylark coupe that is really in good condition but needs a few "bits and pieces" to get it looking nice. I was hoping someone may have a few tips on finding parts and any referrence documents that might be useful - the blind google search isn't as easy as I thought!

Initially I am trying to locate the fitings and covers for the interior lights (at the rear on each side) but don't know the part number or if these fittings were used on any other GM vehicles (as this would help to widen my search!) - this will end up extending to many other items (we found out the hard way our fuel gauge doesn't work for example).

Are there any suggestions on a/ how best to find parts (do people make replicas for most of these items) and b/ are there parts guides or shop manuals that we should get our hands on to help with the restoration process and help identify some of the things we are looking for.

anything that helps point us in the right direction would be fantastic!

thanks...

Buick Skylark/specials, 1962 and 1963 look different, but share similar engines, transmissions, brakes, and some interior seats,instrument cluster ,etc. parts.

Here are some places I have done business with, I bought rear oval interior courtesy lamp covers
    (OEM parts and reproductions)ClassicBuicks do search add .com

(old car junkyard)Miller's Dismantlers(San Fernando,CA),
    Memory Lane(oldcar junkyard)

I found some of my resources in Hemming's monthly publication, If you can get one copy of this paperback,it's worth the cost
    add .com do search

I haven't done business with but are classic car business Kanter's
    add .com do search

I have a book called the Buick Parts Locating Guide. It basically lists all the places that specialize in Buick parts. I don;t remember where I got it, but the link on the back of the book is www.gardenofspeedin.com you may be able to locate a copy through them.

I can tell you that parts for the 1961 and 1962 Skylarks are not that plentiful (I have a 1961).

I hope that helps

Thanks!! that is a great help. I actually just ordered the lamp covers from ClassicBuicks and they had a few other usefull bits and pieces.

Thanks the help