Thread: Has anyone ever seen this engine code?

Question Has anyone ever seen this engine code?

Hello, I have recently found and purchased a 64 Riv to restore. It is in original condition with right at 70K miles, and has been parked since 1977. Here is were I am puzzled. The car has 2 fours with all the correct parts(carbs, air cleaner, etc) The vin# to the car is stamped where it goes, but the engine code shows to be WX224. I can't find this code anywhere. Has anyone ever seen this code, or could this be a factory mistake?

The first letter for a '64 is K, if the second letter was X that would be a 2x4 motor from the factory. Nailheads never went past M. I wonder if your reading it upside down?

http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view...t_engine_where

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Bob, Thanks for the info. That is what I thought. I am not reading it wrong. It has the correct casting numbers, and the correct vin#, but clearly is stamped WX224. If it was even stamped upside down and was meant to be MX, that would be for a 66 model and not a nailhead. HMMMM.

Nailheads went up to and included 66,after that 430's,455's.
    Nice find BTW.

Goat

64 Riv

I am sorry, I should have made myself a little more clear. The engine code MX for 1966 wasn't a nailhead, but a 340 V/8. Thanks for the help.

engine code

lumpkin1- it sounds like we have much in common- see posting two newer than yours. My engine code is W359, I think the W means the 425 engine.

I am new to this posting thing so forgive any goofs please.

Is there a way to shoot email back and forth between the two of us? We appear to be at a similar state on the Rivs and it would be fun to send digital pics etc.