Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need a air conditioner for my car!

I have a original ac unit out of a 64 Wildcat minus the compressor. If any one is interested get at me ill let it go cheap. everything is there.

carful sober he agreed to buy the ac out of my 62 and use ebay to reassure that we will both be ok and he never paid. He wanted me to ship the parts to him before he would pay me
    1962 Lesabre 4 door seadan
    2007 honda element (at least its american made by UAW workers in East Liberty OH)
    09 Chevy AVEO (100% percent korean assembled, 70% korean parts, 1% usa and canada parts,) Which one is the domestic again i am confused?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to help someone out but if he has history....Well you know. If anyone is in Southern Ca. San Diego area come and check it out

I pulled the heater/hoses vents etc outta my 64 Wildcat - I don't think I brought that stuff with me when I moved cuz I wuz thinking I would go with Vintage Air, and not need it.

Sober, do you have all the "trimmings" for the a/c? & the compressor bracket?

I WILL pay you with a good check - you can cash BEFORE you ship
    How much $ is CHEEP?
    Butch

no compressor bracket, to tell you the truth i pulled everything out of the donor car and set it aside. as to how well everything works i dont know because when i got the car i did not have the compressor and the black canister. as to how much you would need to see whats all there and then make me and offer. ill try to take pictures soon. what part of the country are you located.
    Last edited by soberarmy; 11-16-2009 at 11:51 PM.

dunno where I saw it - maybe Rod & Custom mag, but some company makes a complete set of mounts (alt, power steering pump, etc - a/c compressor) that bolts to the existing holes on the block. I guess they are made to order; a/c up, alt down, vice versa, depending on the room between fender wells.

I guess if you had one of those hydro cutters, you can make anything you can draw on a sheet of steel. - or a lot of metal cutting sabre saw blades

It would be better you contact you car authorised service station.The Ac fitted by the authorized station would be more efficient compared to local assembled products.