Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need a air conditioner for my car!

i need a air conditioner for my car!

i would like to know where to get a air conditioner for my car. if anyone had one put in let me know how it works and how much it cost.

What car do you have?

Rick

60 lesabre?

i have all the ac out of a 62. I dont know if the housing is the same or not. The compresser needs to be rebuilt but i have everything off of my car if you interested make me an offer
    1962 Lesabre 4 door seadan
    2007 honda element (at least its american made by UAW workers in East Liberty OH)
    09 Chevy AVEO (100% percent korean assembled, 70% korean parts, 1% usa and canada parts,) Which one is the domestic again i am confused?

ok i have a 1960 buick lesabre

its a 1960 buick. would like anything that will fit the car.

i need to know where to get a mount for a compressor.

i would like to see a pic of a compressor mount or i would like to know where to get the mount for my self. if anybody could help it would be great.

I just installed an air conditioning unit in my 1955 Buick and if you click on the blogs section located in this forum you can see how it was done and pictures of the compressor mount we built.

The total cost of the kit was about $1,000.00 plus $100.00 to have the ends crimped on the lines and to charge the system.

If I did it again I would probably use the same system but I think a Vintage Air system might fit under the dash better.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

need help with an ac set up.

i need to know if any one with a 1960 buick lesabre has put an ac in. i have the GEN and power steering pump. so i need to know if anyone has made a part for an ac system or what the old one looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Carmichael View Post
    I just installed an air conditioning unit in my 1955 Buick and if you click on the blogs section located in this forum you can see how it was done and pictures of the compressor mount we built.

The total cost of the kit was about $1,000.00 plus $100.00 to have the ends crimped on the lines and to charge the system.

If I did it again I would probably use the same system but I think a Vintage Air system might fit under the dash better.
    thanks for the help but it will not work for me.

If you want air, I would go to one of the vintage/old air outfits and shop for an underdash (after market style) unit. This would be the easiest instal. From there you could go all the way to imitating original equipment to finding original equipment which would be much harder.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

thanks for the info

i would like to see what the mount looks like on the cars that came with ac so that i could make one that looks like that. but if i can not find a pic then i will just get the kit from vintageair. they told me that someone just got a kit for a 1960 buick. they got the GEN-IV kit.