- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: driveshaft hitting floor

driveshaft hitting floor

1970 GSX clone. 350 still in it with automatic. I had no problems when i picked it up, but only drove it on a trailer. Since its home I changed the rims and tires just stock 15s with stock tires. The problem im all of a sudden having is the driveshaft yoke from the trans (turbo 350) is hitting the floor when it spins. I didnt have alot of time to check everything, I have some ideas, but some more input would be great. My first thought is front and rear springs. This car is all original nothing has ever been out of it. Im a big guy at 6'5 240 (I played college football) so that might be a little factor but ive had a lot of old cars with none of them having this problem. Also this is my first buick. I love all A body cars, but have only owned chevelles 70-71 and some others chevys. But I recently wanted to take a break from what everyone else ownes and get into something different. I think I might now be a buick guy for life. Thanks for the help.

Your going to have to have a look at it. It's probably your front yoke. If your lucky, your transmission mount is broken
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

If your lucky, your transmission mount is broken

i would suspect this first. the tail shaft of the trans should be almost up inside the driveshaft tunnel if the mount is still together, very difficult to put the yoke on the floor that way.

if that pans out, it probably wouldn't hurt to check all of your control arm bushings, all of that rubber is probably in really bad shape too.

might also want to put a torque strap on the drivers side of the block in case the engine mount lets go.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks for the input. As soon as im off of work ill have to get under and really check it out. The 455 stage1 is going in soon anyways but I still would like to figure this out, I have to move it around still. THnaks.