Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1983 Park Avenue Heat/Air problem

brickrule Guest

1983 Park Avenue Heat/Air problem

Does anyone know where to get a temperature door actuator for my '83 Park Avenue?? I got it out this spring and my climate control will kick out cold air at 85 degrees and the light will start blinking. I shorted it out with my test light and the heat will kick in. The actuator is obviously bad, and nobody has the part, because it is obsolete! The car only has 30,000 on it, and I would like to find the part, or find someone ( if they can) rebuild it. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Brickrule

Hey maybe I can help

Hey im turning a 1980 Buick Regal into a racecar and I took out the heater and A/C so I have those extra parts. If they will work in your call u can gimme a call. my number is 1-724-599-7289. Im up in PA. Evenings are the best.

Question Can Someone Help

I have a 1985 Buick Riviera with the Electronic Touch Climate Control. The problem is that it will not change the temperature by the chosen settings. No matter what I choose it blows cold air, I feel that the hot water is going through the system but still blowing cold. Also on the control panel inside the car the temperature and mode lights flash constantly. I have tried and dug up some information on the system but it all looks foreign to me. Does anyone have a simple way to explain what may need to be done?

Thank you
    Landman85

Hey I have 4 Rivieras of this generation. The flashing lights are telling you that a blend door isn't opening or close and or your water valve isn't working under the hood. If your heater blows cold air and your control panel is flashing I'd suspect that the water valve is closed and the actuator can not turn it to open it. You can manually open it for the winter and then close it during the summer. For now no one repairs or offers a replacement for these. Even though I'd suggest you spend a few minutes, find some places you suspect might repair or offer replacements and call or email asking for one. Many times I've looked for a part that was made for other GM models of the same vintage only to be told "we don't carry that model because no one ever calls and asks for it."

PM me if you want to discuss any further. I'm also into Land.
    -
    Jayson Pruitt ROA#3412
    Riviera Owners Association
    Technical Advisor 79-85
    Oil & Gas Minerals/Royalties www.royaltyminerals.com
    www.cardomain.com/id/sosuzguy
    1983 Riviera "Cole"
    1983 Riviera XX "Peter" 1 of 502
    1984 Riviera T-Type "Tina"
    1985 Riviera "Gray"

Brass Tacks

We as a breed have to figure out these computer control systems or there's not going to be a sport of newer Buicks. More junk yard time with adaptation of common GM parts is needed. It's hard enough just to get the parts out and having the correct $100 parts on new cars. Heater controls are with us from now on.

Cool Climate Control heat and air

Hey Guys I'm in the same boat when I shut the system off and my temp setting above the off is at 65 the light just blinks. Can someone tell me where this paticular actuator is located I have the shop manuals but they are not too clear on loc. I'm trying not to take the wholl dash apart. Just what is involved in repair or replace? Thanks guys and have a great wk!!!

With your temp being at 65 and it's flashing it "sounds" like the water valve for the heater core isn't closing the flow to the heater core. It should be under the hood on the nose going to the heater core. OR at least this is where it is at on the Riviera model.

Call at least 3 or 4 different places looking for the part you need. Squeeky wheel gets the grease. I'm always told when I call for parts "we don't have them or no one makes them because no one ever ask for them"
    -
    Jayson Pruitt ROA#3412
    Riviera Owners Association
    Technical Advisor 79-85
    Oil & Gas Minerals/Royalties www.royaltyminerals.com
    www.cardomain.com/id/sosuzguy
    1983 Riviera "Cole"
    1983 Riviera XX "Peter" 1 of 502
    1984 Riviera T-Type "Tina"
    1985 Riviera "Gray"

climate control

Thanks alot Sosuzguy for the reply I will check when it warms up some here in florida. Thanks again and have a great wk!!!

rockauto.com

Rockauto.com is were I get all my parts from.

Quote Originally Posted by brickrule View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a temperature door actuator for my '83 Park Avenue?? I got it out this spring and my climate control will kick out cold air at 85 degrees and the light will start blinking. I shorted it out with my test light and the heat will kick in. The actuator is obviously bad, and nobody has the part, because it is obsolete! The car only has 30,000 on it, and I would like to find the part, or find someone ( if they can) rebuild it. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Brickrule

Blend Door Actuator

Quote Originally Posted by Petesbuick View Post
    Rockauto.com is were I get all my parts from.
    To study this we have to know if the actuator runs on vacuum or electric then if it's remote with cable back at the hand control.The flashing light shows its out of close loop.