Thread: Another new Buick owner

Another new Buick owner

Just saying "Hi".
    By chance I just became the owner of a 63 LeSabre, 2 door coupe. The car has been parked for about 12 years. The seats took a beating and the clear coat is peeling. I just rebuilt the carb and the gas tank and fuel pump appear to be next. The body is in excellent shape with barely any rust. It's originally a California car but has been here in Nevada for at least 25 years.
    Tried to post pics but I'm getting error messages.

i don't know if there is a minimum number of posts before links and pics are allowed here or not but that is a fairly common requirement on bulletin boards.

try "Blogs" and "Community > Pictures and Albums" in the upper tool bar. you might be able to get them posted in there.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thank you Bob. I'll try that.

Cool

I really like that year of Buick and especially the 2 dr LeSabre! Hopefully I'll (we'll) be seeing you cruising around and/or showing during "HOT AUGUST NIGHTS" in the very near future. I really look forward to seeing any & all Buicks in that show. Jim
    Buick... Torque monsters of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjames View Post
    I really like that year of Buick and especially the 2 dr LeSabre! Hopefully I'll (we'll) be seeing you cruising around and/or showing during "HOT AUGUST NIGHTS" in the very near future. I really look forward to seeing any & all Buicks in that show. Jim
    If you're here for Hot August Nights Jim, you'll be seeing me and my Buick around. I didn't get registered since I didn't have an old car.
    My other toy is a 96 Firebird Formula.
    I did get the car running today after rebuilding the carb, EZ-outing two carb bolts and installing a new fuel pump. Still have to flush out the gas tank, replace some hoses and belts. Then I'll change all the fluids and get new tires and she'll be rolling.
    Here are some pics.

Last edited by rusnrno; 04-29-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Here's an update on my progress.
    After rebuilding the carb, I had to run new soft fuel line, new fuel pump, flushed the tank, replaced the oil pan gasket and changed the oil. It runs pretty good now.
    Today was polishing day. I love all the chrome on these cars, so that's where we started. My son and I got to it and we also discovered the polish we were using cleaned the windows nicely. Here are the results.
    Attachment 746

Attachment 747

Attachment 748

Attachment 749
    1963 Buick Le Sabre
    2 door Coupe

Nice looking LeSabre. I've got a 63 Wildcat 4 Dr HT. Yeah the body style of the 63s are great.
    CRUZIN WITH CLASS

W.O.T. SGM at Arms
    Puget Sound Chapter of BCA
    BCA # 42916

Thanks. I'm having lots of fun with this car.
    That's a clean Wildcat you have.
    Last edited by rusnrno; 05-10-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    1963 Buick Le Sabre
    2 door Coupe

1963 Buicks

Very nice looking Buicks guys, I was a boy when they were new. In 1963 one of my brothers had a 1953 Super Riviera Model, 56R 2 Dr. It was a freek for a Buick! It was way too fast to be a Buick, all he did was put a 4 barrel Carburetor on it. Put it drive, and hit the gas. Then go get a new tire for it, because it burned them off the wheels. Those were the good old days for me. In fact, I still display an 8X10 photograph of that Buick. With my Sister standing along side it. Good luck with your Buicks, and they are very nice looking Buicks.
    Buick Roadmaster
    Model 76S
    Anthony
    aka Straight80